Published on March 11th, 2015 | by Staff3
2015 Video Game Power Rankings: March
It has been a slow start to the year so far, but even so, we have some movement on the second set of power rankings for the year. (Last month’s rankings)
10t. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (9 points, new) – A solid release date puts this on our radar for the first time.
10t. Total War: Attila (9 points, new) – Tony had nothing but good things to say about this new Total War, so this may be the Total War game you’ve been waiting for.
10t. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (9 points, returning) – It’s focus on teamwork and tactics looks to set it apart from other multiplayer only shooters and Don is looking for something new.
7t. Batman: Arkham Knight (10 points, +1 position change) – You can’t deny the trailers are hitting the right spot but we’re still a bit skeptical of it being the next big thing.
7t. The Legend of Zelda WiiU (10 points, +1 position change, 1 first place vote) – We have to throw Jeff a bone every now and then, so we’ll let him have this slot.
7t. Galactic Civilization III (10 points, +1 position change, 1 first place vote) – I stand corrected, Tony wants to conquer the entire universe, not just the galaxy. He’s like a little intergalactic Napoleon, but slightly taller. So a big intergalactic Napoleon?
6. Tom Clancy’s The Division (11 points, -1 position change, 1 first place vote) – Does it have radio towers?
5. Final Fantasy XV (12 points, no change, 1 first place vote) – We’ll be able to play a demo of this game shortly and we’re hoping it is the spark to revitalize the franchise.
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (18 points, +1 position change) – Uncharted makes an unsuspected leap up the chart this month. We’re still trying to figure out where the extra seven points came from.
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (25 points, -1 position change) – The Witcher 3 continues its slow monthly slide down our charts. We’re not sure why as it seems like the next truly big game of the year to release.
2. Halo 5: Guardians (27 points, +1 position change) – We are unbelievably excited for the next Halo game, which maybe we shouldn’t be but… It is Halo.
1. Rise of the Tomb Raider (32 points, no change, 1 first place vote) – There is no getting around it, all five of us here at Critically Sane are salivating at the chance to play the next Tomb Raider and I’m not sure anything has a chance of topping this until we do get to play it.
If you had to predict your top 10 list at the end of 2015, what would it look like? Let us know in the comments below.