Published on August 17th, 2015 | by Staff8
2015 Video Game Power Rankings: August
Welcome to the Critically Sane monthly Power Rankings for August2015. As always the list is based on a mix of our opinions of what we’ve played this year as well as conjecture on what we think is going to be awesome in the months to come. The five of us each submit a list of 10 titles which are given a point total in reverse order (so 1st place gets 10 points, while 10th gets one), and then the totals are combined to come up with this monthly list. We’re finally close to the glorious bounty of fall, which is sure to shake up the rankings. For the moment, things are very similar to last month. (Last month’s rankings)
10t. Tony Hawk: Pro Skater 5 (8 points, no change) – Internal staff conversation-
Jeff: I have faith Tony Hawk will be ok at least, which puts it on my list
Tony: What other things do you have faith in, so that I can avoid them?
10t. Total War: Attila (8 points, no change) – My migratory tribes can sack undefended Western Roman Empire Cities better than your migratory tribes. Now get out of my territory.
8t. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (9 points, no change) – Good news for Xbox One owners- the demo for this game is finally free, like it always should have been.
8t. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (9 points, no change) – Internal staff converstion-
Tony: Don, say something exciting about Rainbow Six: Siege
Don: Sorry, I’m devouring a double hamburger with an egg,, pickles, bacon, sausage….made with two grilled cheese sandwiches as a bun.
Tony: Yeah, that’s how I feel about it, too.
7. Batman: Arkham Knight (10 points,no change) – I have a love/hate relationship with this game. The force-feeding of the Batmobile ruin what would otherwise be a game of the year contender. Still worth playing, though.
6. Rock Band 4 (13 points, no change, 1 first place vote) – More plastic instruments. Great!
5. Star Wars: Battlefront (16 points, no change) – I really, really hope this game works at launch. Please, DICE, do us all a solid and make it happen.
4. Halo 5: Guardians (22 points, no change) – It’s hard not to have reservations after the mess that was multiplayer in the Master Chief Collection. Still, everything we’ve seen so far looks fantastic.
2t. Rise of the Tomb Raider (32 points, +1 position change, 1 first place vote) – Lara- we loved your last game, and all own Xbox Ones just so we can give you a shot in game #2.
2t. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (32 points, no change, 1 first place vote) – The highest ranked game that we’ve actually played. Potential is well featured in this list, but Geralt? He’s already delivered.
1. Fallout 4 (41 points, no change, 2 first place votes) – I’m really looking to visiting a post-apocalyptic environment called the Wasteland. Which game is this again?
If you had to predict your top 10 list at the end of 2015, what would it look like? Let us know in the comments below.