Published on July 8th, 2015 | by Chris Scott3
2015 Video Game Power Rankings: July
Welcome to the Critically Sane monthly Power Rankings for July 2015. As always the list is based on a mix of our opinions of what we’ve played this year as well as conjecture on what we think is going to be awesome in the months to come. The five of us each submit a list of 10 titles which are given a point total in reverse order (so 1st place gets 10 points, while 10th gets one), and then the totals are combined to come up with this monthly list. The same games ruled the top of our list for six months but a new victor has emerged as the clear #1. (Last month’s rankings)
10t. Tony Hawk: Pro Skater 5 (8 points, no change) – Jeff is still pretty hyped for this game but he seems to be the only one of us.
10t. Total War: Attila (8 points, -1 position change) – If anything gets Tony excited its a new Total War game.
8t. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (9 points, +1 position change) – This may be Kojima’s last Metal Gear Song, if it is we’re hoping it goes out in a blaze of glory from Ocelot’s revolvers.
8t. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (9 points, -2 position change) – Each of us has a favorite that no one else really cares about. This is Don’s.
7. Batman: Arkham Knight (10 points, -3 position change) – Opinion seems to be mixed on this one but it seems it won’t have the staying power we had thought it would.
6. Rock Band 4 (13 points, -1 position change, 1 first place vote) – We’re getting the band back together and it’s going to be a drunkenly glorious time.
5. Star Wars: Battlefront (15 points, returning) – It faded from our consciousness before E3 but that demo brought it all back and the guys can’t wait to get on the field and shoot some stormtroopers.
4. Halo 5: Guardians (22 points, -1 position change) – The E3 demo was strong. So strong it even has Don thinking he’ll give this Halo a try.
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider (32 points, -2 position change, 1 first place vote) – After six months of ruling the top Lara latest adventure slipped a bit but we’re still super excited to play it.
2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (33 points, no change, 1 first place vote) – While Geralt was unable to climb to the top this month, we think he’ll be a strong contender down the line this year.
1. Fallout 4 (44 points, new, 2 first place votes) – Bethesda had a monster E3, but it was all on the back of Fallout 4. The hype is real but can it live up to it is the real question.
If you had to predict your top 10 list at the end of 2015, what would it look like? Let us know in the comments below.